Camp Piankatank, perched on 90 acres above the beautiful Piankatank River, has a lot to offer visitors. Located in Hartfield, Virginia (just a few miles from the Chesapeake Bay), we are owned and operated by the Virginia Baptist Mission Board. Guests need not be Baptist or church organizations in order to reserve the camp.
Pictures do not nearly do our property justice. It is truly beautiful and a perfect setting for small and large group retreats. Please come out and visit us.
Here a guest can enjoy scenic beauty and stillness not found in every-day life. The grounds offer an outdoor worship area, large recreational fields, a ropes course with a climbing tower and exciting zip line, many acres of forest to explore, a sandy beachfront, hiking trails, boating opportunities, wildlife viewing, fishing and more. The very best thing is the views and access to the beautiful and serene Piankatank River!
In comparison to other facilities our camp layout is very convenient. No big hills to walk up/down, large open spaces, and buildings close together, maximizing the time your group gets to spend together.
Our facilities are clean and our prices very reasonable!
While most groups stay close to camp and enjoy our beautiful property, locally there are some excursion options:
- Fish from our dock and enjoy the gorgeous scenery of the Piankatank River.
- Several very good local seafood restaurants.
- Nearby Deltaville has several great chartered fishing boat companies with ½ or full day fishing trips into the Chesapeake Bay or Rappahannock River.
- Our property is perfect for outdoor education programs. If your school or scout group is learning about rivers, swamps or forests we have a great location for hands on observations.
- About an hour Drive from Historic Williamsburg and Historic Yorktown.
- About an hour drive to Busch Gardens and Water Country (www.buschgardens.com).
Your group may just want to come for a day use program. Our outdoor pavilion, swimming pool, challenge course, dining hall, water front, and recreational fields are all available for day use.
We pride ourselves on our ability to be flexible when working with guests. If you have an idea not covered in this material, please contact us with your questions.